Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowed-In; or Cabin Fever 2010

I thought of all the possible horror stories and films that revolve around snow: The Shining, 30 Days of Night, Dead Snow, Yeti and you can't forget about the awesomely bad Jack Frost. Sure there are plenty more, but I felt like an idiot when I forgot about one of my favorite narrative poems: The Cremation of Sam McGee.

So, if you're from the northeast, you're probably snowed-in, too. Well, this is the ideal opportunity to get grease up the engine that is your creative geniusness. Whatever your medium--writing, painting, photographing, music...ing--do something. Here is a prompt for my writing friends:

You're snowed-in due to a blizzard that has dumped 26" of precipitation at your doorstep. After three days of cabin fever you begin to go insane. Literally. What happens? Do you tear the house apart in search of a buried treasure you swear is hidden beneath your washer? Are you alone? Do you try to crawl through the window, your clothes getting caught on the shards of ice dangling from the gutter? Does some crazy, "1408" shit happen?

Here is a picture by J. Toogood to get the snowball rolling! (I love puns.)

1 comment:

  1. Even the icicles look macabre! Great prompt! Although we have very little snow in Colorado, I remember the blizzards in Connecticut were pretty amazing when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails